Friday 3 February 2012

I was amused to find my hair frozen to my pillow last night!    I am about 120 miles south of Paris 10 north of a little town called St Florentin - as I'm running from Paris to Rome for cancer charities and do the Rome marathon with it..
 It's only -12, though cold for France.  
  The only problem really is lack of communication - so THANK YOU Yet again so vvvv much my son James Swale for blog and to Paul Bass - James says he will liaise with Paul to get some news up. I am very very grateful. And v appreciate of loving wishes from Eve and family and from Nancy, Patty and Diana in USA, and all my friends everywhere.
   Big problem is my injured knee, It won't go away!!!!!! All I know is that when the chips are down there can be no giving up EVER. It is the only lesson that matters in a battle! Even though this run was meant to be easy and has ended up quite hard, I have been there before and WILL OVERCOME THIS!!!!!!!!! After good treatment in hosp, I am continuing slowly   Many thanks for all the great support
  I SHALL be back in Uk soon, but just for a couple of days for my talkon 7 Feb at the  RSGS h/q in Perth. The RSGS are most WONDERFULLY flying me back from France and also are  going to present me with a Royal Scottish Geographical Society Honorary Fellowship with is a fantastic honour.
   Must get going EVERY MILE COUNTS.  I am being sponsored per mile for charity.  

  THANK YOU AGAIN TO EVERYBODY.

Rosie. 3 Feb 2012 14kms north of St Florentin en route for Dijon/Lausanne/Turin/Rome!!!!!ALL roads lead to............!!!!xxx
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment