Tuesday 7 February 2012


Dear Sophie, Sarah, Maite and all my friends in France, Italy and UK,
Thank you all so much for great kindness and concern.
I am talking at the RSGS Event in Scotland today and shall also be receiving the Honorary Fellowship -just  like Scott and Shackleton and other fabulous explorers compared to whom I am nothing..so it is a VERY, very great, great honour!!!
Also I am taking the opportunity of being here  to get my knee scanned.
It still hurts to walk, but I am nearly off the crutches.  I have spoken to my sports physio down in Bristol and he thinks it is either

1. Muscle problem which can quickly respond to expert deep tissue massage

2 the other more serious possibility is cartilage - but probably the hospital in Fontinbleau wd have found it even though I was only seen by URGENCES (who were very good and kind)
The answer is to TRY to get to Sports injury Clinic tomorrow am. THEN I will know my calendar!
I hope to flt back to France tomorrow pm all being well - and continue slowly w Icebird
Thus;
Giving the life lessons on NOT to give up
Also making all the rest of my body stronger while the knee heals, going slowly and not losing fitness!!
I STRONGLY FEEL IN MYSELF THAT THE I JURY CAN BE OVERCOME.
IF I need more treatment here in UK, CD STAY A FEW MORE DAYS, OR GET TREATMENT IN FRANCE
Icebird is waiting for me at St Fontainen - courtesy of the Mayor, the Red Cross - and other very good people there!

 I hope to continue slowly...  Then when time is right take Icebird to Rome run Marathon - then continue run to Rome after Marathon itself.
So I am sorry I cannot today easily I've times when I shall be somewhere as dear Alessio wishes - but I WILL make it through - also can't wait to see u all in Dijon...
That things do go wrong IS the common ingredient of all high aims and big challenges and goal.  The solution is to KEEP FOCUS AND keep going..and at the same time cure the practical problem!!!
I always say that reaching for your dreams means digging deep, and giving what you care about ALL your strength; always.  I have especially appreciate the kind emails from Paul Polman and from Bruno of Unilever France - this has meant so very much to me.
Love and best wishes to you all,
Rosie



No comments:

Post a Comment