Friday 10 February 2012

Dear Jim, This is latest from Italy! Determined to use head and heart - and 100 per cent focus, to get back on the run asap. Have to have knee scan today. Then will have clearer picture.
This is NOTHING compared to the frostbite in the winter blizzard of the Yukon during world run - I HAD to get treatment then - but was back on the river before the ice broke with my foot still in bandages, but operational. I made it through AND I SHALL DO SO NOW.

I am being treated by Vale Health, the best sports injury facility in Wales, that looks after elite Olympic athletes...recommended by the wonderful physio Elaine Gillies, who saw me in Perth.
This is situation right now:

Ever since I was generously seen by the French Hospital about a week ago - I have continued w crutches. But though I managed about 14 kms a day it took 9 hours each day to achieve it..
I hoped that if I just kept going, the knee would gradually get better. Instead it got more painful.
So when I was flown to Scotland for the marvellous Event in Perth, I knew I had to get knee checked out - in order to go on.
So it all depends on the scan!
IF THERE ISN'T CARTILAGE TEAR, I can get deep tissue treatment and hope very much to be on the road by end of next week with luck!
IF THERE IS A TEAR, THEN I'LL HAVE TO HAVE KEYHOLE OPERATION WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

In the former case - I can run on, check in with some of the great people looking out for me en route and then go w Icebird to Rome by truck, and run Rome Marathon. Then continue running to Rome afterwards
IF I have to have surgery, then I must get Icebird to Rome, where I can join her on 15 March, and fine to do marathon itself after resting and getting treated before.
I AM GOING TO FINISH MY RUN FROM PARIS TO ROME - EVEN IF IT ALL HAS TO BE AFTER THE MARATHON - AND THE TITLE OF MY NEW BOOK IS ..
THE LONGEST ROAD TO ROME - ALL ABOUT MY ADVENTURES, INCLUDING COMING BACK FROM THIS INJURY AND NOT EVER GIVING UP -
YOU CANNOT HELP WHAT HAPPENS ..BUT YOU CAN HELP HOW YOU REACT TO IT..
The way to do is IS Unfortunately that I must get the knee treated - BUT I WILL DO IT..in fact I feel 100 times more determined. It is important to do this for the charities, and I amvvvvv sure that I must go on. The great thing about a bit of a struggle, is that it breeds focus and clarity - and the struggle itself gives the mind extra strength.
I am so sorry that this has happened, after all your kind plans - but I will continue and let you all know later today or Monday, what is result of scan!! PLEASE KEEP ON FOLLOWING ME ON BLOG LINK:http://rosies-paris-to-rome-run.blogspot.com/
I am grateful to everybody for your fabulous support.
Love and best wishes, Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment